Review and Discussion Questions
1. What are the basic controllable variables of ~ production planning problem? What are the four major costs?
2. Distinguish between pure and mixed strategies in production planning.
3. Compare the best plans in the C&A Company and the Tucson Parks and Recreation Department. What do they have in common?
4. How does forecast accuracy relate. in general, to the practical application of the aggregate planning models discussed in the chapter?
5. In which way does the time horizon chosen for an aggregate plan determine whether or not it is the best plan for the firm?