Illustrate how all activities within an organization are actually processes that need to be managed.
• Present the various measures of performance that can be used to
evaluate a process.
• Show how process analysis can provide managers with an in-depth
understanding of how a process is performing, while at the same time identifying areas for improvement.
• Present the concept of service blueprinting and illustrate how it is used to evaluate processes within a service environment.
• Introduce the concept of business processes and show how they are providing managers with a broader perspective for managing their organizations.
• .Present the concepts of benchmarking and reengineering, and show their roles in creating world-class operatior.s.
The use of process flowcharts in conjunction with a capacity analysis of each stage in the process provides management with a thorough understanding of the major process issues that need to be addressed. In addition. as part of the process anal)' i, it is often necessary to draw three different flowcharts. These three flowcharts define I hat the official or documented method is, (b) box the work is actually being performed. and t c) hat the proper procedures should be.