Defining how firms compete
- Introduce the concept of operations strategy and its various components and show ho I it relates to the overall business strategy of the firm.
- Illustrate how operations strategic pertains to adding value for the customer.
- Identify the different ways in which operations strategy can provide an organization with a controvert advantage.
- Introduce the concept of trade-off between different strategies and the need for a firm to align its operations strategy to meet the needs of the particular markets is serving.
- Explain the difference between order-qualifiers and order-winners as they pertain to operations strategy
- Describe how firms are integrating manufacturing and services to provide an overall bundle of benefits to their customers.