CRITERIA FOR SELECTING A LOCATION FOR A BACK-OF- THE HOUSE SERVICE
Fluor Global Location Strategies has identified the following general criteria for selecting a location for an office, be it for a company headquarters, an R&D facility, or a back of the house operation.
• Population characteristics (size, education, diversity, etc.)
• Workforce characteristics (size, type distribution! education, number employed, etc.)
• Availability of alternative work forces (military spouses, students, underemployed etc.)
• Distance to commercial airports including direct service international airports)
• Distance to population centers.
• Cultural amenities.
• Crime statistics.