Review and Discussion Questions
- What is meant by competitiveness?
- Identify the different types of competitive priorities. How has their relationship to each
- other changed over the years?
- For each of the different competitive priorities, describe the unique characteristics of the market.niche with which it is most compatible.
- Describe the difference between order-qualifiers and order-winners. What is the relationship between the two over time?
- Explain the concept of the core capabilities within an organization.
- How does understanding a customer’s activity cycle allow a firm to achieve a competitive advantage in the marketplace?
- In your opinion, do business schools have competitive priorities?
- Why does the proper operations strategy keep changing for companies that are world class competitors?
- What is meant by the expression manufacturing is entering the information?
- Describe the customer’s activity cycle involved in taking a trans Continental right. could be done to facilitate the process for the customer?