Human Resource Issues in Operations Management
• Describe the changing role of the manager from one of command and control to that of being a team leader and coach, and the additional skills required.
• Identify the emerging trends that are dramatically changing the ways in which people work.
• Define the concept of employee empowerment and show how it impacts management and the organization.
• Distinguish between traditional work groups, self-managed teams, and cross-functional teams.
• Present the various ways in which technology is affecting jobs and the workplace.
• Introduce both behavioral and physical factors that should be taken into consideration when designing jobs.